Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) was established in the year 1949. Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry is an apex body of trade and commerce for the state of Gujarat. Dr. Jaimin Vasa’s late father Shri. Rasiklal V. Vasa was the president of Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the year 1974.
Since 2000, Dr. Vasa is associated with Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry as a member of Trade and Commerce Committee. Later on Dr. Vasa was appointed as a Co-Chairman of Trade and Commerce Committee. During the year 2007-2008 when Mrs.Parul Jaykrishna was President, GCCI had constituted two different committee one is Industrial Committee and 2nd is MSME committee under Industrial Committee. Dr.Vasa had appointed as the Chairman of the MSME Committee during the year 2007-2008 and was continued as a Chairman of the MSME Committee till 2015.
As a MSME Committee Chairman, Dr. Vasa had taken initiative and had conducted many significant activities and programs for the larger interest of trade and industries for the state of Gujarat.
Seminar,Panel Discussion & Vendor Meet.
On February 2011 MSME Committee of GCCI Organised the Seminar cum Panel discussion and Vendor Meet for the benefit of its members. Theme of the Panel discussion was ‘Continuing the MSME Momentum in Gujarat” at Ahmedabad Management Association.
MSME Help Desk:
With the initiative and guidance of Dr. Vasa in Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry started the MSME Help Desk. MSME Help Desk was inaugurated by Shri.Madhav Lal, the Then Secretary, Ministry of MSME, Government of India.
Objectives of the GCCI MSME Help Desk: I n order to provide proper information and guidance to the MSMEs, the GCCI MSME Committee in co-ordination with the MSME Department has started MSME Helpdesk. This Helpdesk support to resolve the queries regarding the schemes such as Eligibility Criteria, Procedure, Quantum of assistance, Documents required, How and where to submit the application, Benefits of availing the schemes, Delay in approvals, and other related issues. Also to act as a link between the MSME department of State & Central Government and the MSME unit.
GCCI MSME Excellence award
GCCI MSME Excellence award was introduced to recognize the outstanding performance by the MSME. Objective of the “GCCI MSME Excellence Awards to confer the Gujarat based MSMEs with an objective of recognizing outstanding performance during the previous year.
First Award Distribution ceremony Organized in October 2012. Award distributed by Shri. Narendra Modi the Then Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat to the best MSMEs in the State.
MSME-BSE Exchange program
Despite of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) significant role in the economy most SMEs are not able to stand up to face the challenges of globalisation. This is mainly because of difficulties in getting the finance to upgrade the Technology, Infrastructure Development, Marketing and Procurement, Skill Development, Training & Risk Management Finance is very important. In this Perspective, As a Chairman of MSME Committee, Dr. Vasa had organised seminar for the Equity requirement of SMEs in collaboration with Bombay Stock Exchange.
- MSME-BSE Exchange Program
- Industrial Visits
- 1st International Tour of Germany
- 3rd Series Conference in September 2013
- Seminar on Lean management
- National Vendor Development programme
- Industrial Tour to Vallabh Vidyanagar
- Workshop on “How can Advertising help grow your Business”
- 3rd annual Bankers’ Meet
- Industrial visit at Gas Authority of India Limited Waghodia February 2015
- Seminar on “Opportunities and Challenges for SMEs”
- 4thBankers’ Meet
- 2nd International Tour to China
- SME Conclave & GCCI MSME Excellence Award
- Industrial Visit at Chhatral February 2016
- Foreign Trade Committee, Chairman
- Industrial Visit to SEZ Dahej on 15th October 2016
- Adani Petronet (Dahej) Port Pvt Ltd
- Seminar on Export (International Business)
- 3rd International Tour to Thailand & Indonesia
- Launch of SBI- GCCI Export Import Helpdesk
- Export-Import Seminar
- Export Award and Meeting with visiting Foreign Consulate Generals at GCCI